Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sod the Eclipse!

Back Entry: 22nd July 2009
- on holidays back in hometown

It suddenly dawned to me that good times fly, way too fast. Today is already Wednesday. I’ve been back for 5 days already. Yet I feel that the time I spent with momma isn’t enough. Two more days and I’ll be heading back to Work-Island again.

I’m feeling very reluctant to leave. I thought how nice if my family can stay near each other.

These few nights momma slept very well. In fact she dozed off before midnight. Rarely happens. I think she worry less when her daughter is near her. The happy look on her face these few days.. Makes me feel very sad about leaving the day after tomorrow..

We had a nice dim sum bfast this morning. The restaurant wasn’t packed at all. We took our time sipping tea, occasionally looking at a group of aunties chit-chatting. I wondered.. are they happy? About not having to work, but meet up and gossip over brunch? Momma said life is boring when you don’t have work, when you’re alone at home with nothing much to do. And then the guilty feeling sinks in. What can I do? What should I do?

Many times I stole some quiet glances at momma. I was thinking.. What’s on her mind? What does she wants most? What can I do to make her happy? My presence. Me being there for her. Does she know that I love her? Again, what can I do? What should I do?

We spent the day at the mall, mostly just browsing stuffs. Lunch was economy rice at the top floor.
Food was good, except the snobbish lady boss annoyed me with her lack of manners.
As usual, momma would scoop a little of each of her dishes for me. Little something that hold her dear to my heart..

She also got my favourite red sandals fixed in a jiffy. Mr Cobbler nailed it back neatly – free of charge. Momma just saved me a few dollars or the possibility that I’d have to throw it away.

Back home, she went ahead and boiled barley, then delicious eel soup for me. Last night, it was ginseng soup. I always get the bigger portion because momma always insisted she regularly make for herself. She’d always insist that I don’t cut those grasses and tire myself bad, knowing too well that I’ll never let her do it when I’m around.

I love having Fei-Put (fat ass- my momma’s dog) around. His hyper antics make me wanna bear hug him all the time. He has been acting extra happy and whiny these past few days. He just knows that he could get away with any mischief when I’m around, coz I won’t let him get any spanking lol.

Midnite, I came down to date my pink laptop; and Fei-Put was sleeping in the kitchen. He woke up after some time, but still lying down. I sat down and petted him for a while, talking to him. He seemed to understand me.. his eyes.. his body language.

I blame it on the eclipse today that I got peculiarly emotional today..

How nice if I could just opt to work from home, just write and write on my faithful pink laptop, life sorted out on my smart E71, money flowing in consistently; all the time able to spend much quality time with my family.

Sod the eclipse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment