Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Tummy = Happy Weekend

Its time to grumble again as the weekend comes to an end.. 
What an enjoyable weekend, with the theme being "Great Food"..

What is weekend without sleeping in? No alarm clocks.. just when it feels right (read: when hunger strikes).

Pic from PenangInfo.com - me forgot my camera sigh..

On Saturday, I finally went over to Ecco Cafe. Been wanting to go like forever since my French teacher told me about the place. Just never know exactly where...


I like the place.. one small quirky shop lot, with some interesting old charm deco..


The BF ordered Chicken Pot Pie (my recommendation hehe) and he loved it. This coming from someone who rarely eat western... ;)

I on the other hand, went back for my all time favourite - Hawaii Pizza and pineapple juice.

 I left my camera at home, so no pic.. this is from google..
Ecco Cafe is now open on Sunday too. Closed on Monday.

Address: 402, Chulia Street 10200 Penang
Opening Hours: 1130 - 1430, 1830 - 2230
Actually came to think of it, I ate pizza for brunch, tea, and dinner .... o.O

I headed Leo Books @ Island Plaza next, also a place I've been wanting to go.

Tucked at the right corner on the first floor. The BF kept suggesting maybe the shop went out of business by now? :P Very bad fella...

I found a book by Chitra Divakaruni - Queen of Dreams for RM15 only! Still in very good condition :D Too bad that is the only book they have by the same author. I was hoping they'd carry Mistress of Spices too. (I got very interested after watching the movie a couple of weeks back)

*to insert pic after I download them*

After about 2 hours browsing.. tummy was making noise.. so off we went to Edo Ichi, Japanese Restaurant.



Absolutely love the Salmon & Unagi Pizza RM30, and Salmon Fillet RM28..
Generally on the pricier side, but I love the food there.

*pics in my mobile.. coming soon *
Edo Ichi Japanese Cuisine 
G-05 & G-06 Island Plaza
118 Jalan Tanjung Tokong
10470 Penang
Tel: 04-890 3199
Opening Hours: Mon-Thurs 11.30am-3.00pm, 6.00pm-10.00pm;  
Fri-Sun & Public Holidays 11.30am-10.00pm

Next stop, MPH @ Gurney Plaza. I wanted to get a book which was featured in the papers - Good Boss, Bad Boss. There was a 25% coupon which made me wanting to go badly haha. RM59.90 before discount.. and got a couple of mags as well.

Time to go home after spending half day out.. Went for a jog downstairs, there were kids cycling around. Arrgghhh jogging with constant "roadblocks". Had a really good sweat though.. hoping to maintain this :)

Dinner at the coffee shop just outside my condo. Hmm yep pizza made by middle east guy. What I didn't like was his friends nearby was smoking!
Other than that, the food was just ok.. for RM4.

The BF went to watch his footie and I spent the night reading and ahh keeping up with all the blogs I've been wanting to read..

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today is meant for more relaxation lol. I had the best curry mee near the Kuan Yin temple.. I forgot the name of the coffee shop.. But my regular murtabak stall was closed, so I opted for curry mee. Great choice Foxy!

After lunch, went back home. I started to clean my wardrobe (ughhhh) while The BF zzzzzz (yes, such a pig lol). We chose Tom Yum for dinner tonight, skipping the jog.

And it started raining... perfect with a bowl of tom yum noodle.. ahhh...

Time to sleep for a better week ahead :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment