Monday, September 13, 2010

Tip: How to Avoid Static Shock

I don't know about you, but I have always been a victim of static shock.


Getting out from the car - ZAP!

Shutting down my laptop lid - ZAP!
Opening the office door - ZAP!

Opening the post office door - ZAP!

Ok, JUST OPENING ANY DOOR with metal handle - ZAP ZAP ZAP!

It came to a point where I dreaded getting out from the car or opening any doors. I'd use my forefinger to push the car window to close the door, leaving prints on it hehe.

Or I'll rush in when someone opens the door... sigh desperate!


Till one day Momma gave me a battery and asked me to keep it with me. I was puzzled. She then told me the battery would be able to help keep me away from being zapped.

I was a lil doubtful at first... after all I can never be  too careful right?
But its true.. I haven't been zapped for some time now... (touch wood).

Here are some more ways that I found from the internet:

~ Keep our skin moisturized. Use a hydrating lotion. Yippie I could do this!

~ Hold on to a coin.

~ When you are ready to step out of the car, remain seated, but place one foot on the ground, the other foot should still be in the car. Hold onto the metal part of the car door or any metal part of the car. Keep holding on until you are out of the car, then close the car door.

Hope these help :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment