Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Cried...

Tonight, I cried... cried in the car park watching my new friend eating in joy.

I came home after a long day at work. Upon getting out of my car, I noticed a stray dog sitting up nearby, greeting me with a wagging tail. Its skin was badly infected, and it kept scratching and at the same time wagged its tail vigorously. 

While waiting for The BF to pick up his bag, I watched this little stranger. It was sitting up very nicely now.. and its' eyes sparkled. I have no idea why, but I thought it looked happy to see me.. This is the first time I came across a stray so friendly. 

I got a water bottle and took a few steps closer, and it wasn't at all got aggressive. Instead it tried to come to me.. I poured some on the floor, but it didn't want any. I knew it was hungry.. but I had no food with me :( 

As I made my way back up home, I kept thinking of "Sparkly". I felt guilty for leaving just like that... The next thing I knew, I dropped my bags at home, and took out a plastic container. I poured some dog food and then head off to the mini mart downstairs. Bought a can of tuna in water (thought this is healthier than curry chicken?) just in case Sparkly isn't used to eating dog food.

I went back to the carpark but Sparkly wasn't there. I regretted leaving earlier.. but I kept searching and I saw it! Towards the end of the carpark, Sparkly was lying down, looking kinda bored and sad. In an instant, it stood up, though groggily and all I noticed was its wagging tail :))


Gently pushed the container towards it, and Sparkly loved it! Looking at how happy Sparkly was eating its food, I felt tears streaming down. I sobbed.. and sobbed and sobbed. I felt happy, sad all at the same time. I opened the can of tuna and gave it out as well.. Treat for you Sparkly. His tail never stopped wagging.. "Take good care my friend, love ya and hope the best for you.." 


I left before passing cars noticed this crazy woman sobbing.


Will I ever meet Sparkly again? Will it be okay? Water? Its next meal?
I feel very happy just remembering the encounter :)

Would you do the same too if you were in my shoes?


I love you Sparkly, and hope you get well soon and stay happy always. *hugs*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment