Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tropical Spice Garden Penang

I've been wanting to visit this spice garden for ages, and finally got to do it this year. I'm liking 2012 already! :D

It was scorching hot on a Saturday afternoon.. but surprisingly once I entered the garden, it was very cooling. Felt like cool evening with all those tall, shady trees.

Before we enter the garden, the staff offered us some citronella oil, a natural insect repellent. I love the smell of citronella oil! So fragrant. Entrance fee was RM14, without a guide. RM22 for guide inclusive.

I find the garden a huge maze. I really don't know if I've explored the whole place.
I like the trails, especially those signs explaining the origins and usage of herbs and plants. Oh they have lots of Misai Kucing which I absolutely love.



There was a cooking class going on, and my, the smell made me hungry! :P
(however I find the price too expensive, not worth signing up for)

I find it rather unfortunate that not all the plants there are healthy, lush green. Some are drying, some sparse, and wilted. Would really love to see some improvement here. Also, the nursery was no longer there. Hmm so if you're interested to plant some herbs / flowers like me, I wouldn't know where to get those.. bummer.

They do however, have a small gift shop selling dried herbs, soaps, essential oils, spices and books. I bought a couple of stuffs to try. The Malay lady there was very nice, gave me lots of tips on the spices.


The air was fresh and crisp, and I really enjoyed the trip filled with pretty flowers. 
I hope to be back again soon! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment