Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jobseekers These Days...


I'm amused with majority of job seekers' attitude. After being involved in hiring for about a year, here are my little findings:

- They come for interview, not knowing what position they are applying for.

- They come for interview without any preparation, not even some background study of the organization.

- They do not know what are their skills.

- They are not able to sell their good points or talk about improvement opportunities.

- They come in tongue-tied. The most I could ever get out of them is either yes, no or *silence..* (!!) Sometimes I don't feel like helping them at all with some probing questions. If you dont respect your job opportunities, get your arse out!

- Not bringing a pen along. Hello! You plan to use your blood to fill in application forms?

- Come for interviews and talk bad about the job they wish to leave. Hmmmm digging your own grave people!

- Being late. Enough said. My worst case was the candidate was late for 45 mins. And because she was recommended by a friend, I sat in and listened to her for 10 mins and thanked her for her time. I'm not adjusting my other schedules for people like that. And no, she did not get the job despite having close connection with internal people.

- You call them to schedule an interview, and they tell you " Uhmm cannot la i think.. After Chinese New Year can ah? Month end la now". You think your father owns the company ah??

Seriously if I'm seeking for a job, I'd be more than happy to receive a call, and I'd be really enthusiatic about meeting up. Needless to say, I chucked the resume into the "Rejected" bins. So long! Good luck with finding a job after CNY.. (yep, I can be kinda sarcastic at times...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment