Monday, January 4, 2010

I have been using Maxis Broadband for about 2 months +, close to 3 now.

So far I don’t find it better than Streamyx, but not much of a complain since I need to work from hometown from time to time. Instead of applying another phone line for Streamyx, why not give wireless a try eh?

Big mistake.

I tried to login last night but once connected I couldn’t browse ANY website at all.

All I got were Maxis pages, telling me the page I want is not available and I should contact Maxis. Another said I have exceeded my usage and should consider upgrading my subscription.

When I signed up, I clearly asked what would happen if I exceeded the usage limit. I was told that the speed would slow down a lot, can’t really download stuffs, BUT I could still SURF! That was why I ended up signing a year’s subscription.

I called the Toll Free number. DOES NOT WORK.

I think I called at least a dozen time – lines are always busy. “Pls try again later”.

WTH? – You call this a “call-centre” ?

When I finally got to talk to a rep, I was told that Maxis had a policy change effective yesterday – 4th Jan 2010. Where once a user exceeded the usage limit, you no longer has access to the internet till your next billing date. Was there a communication in the form of SMS / Email / Mail to inform this?
– NO, NONE, NADA.

Am I happy with this? – HECK NO.

So I now have 3 options:
1- Terminate my subscription and pay the penalty fees of RM200
2- Upgrade my subscription – pay more.
3- Wait till my next billing date to resume usage; and be contented.

I don’t like any of the above options. Maxis is not giving me a solution. I asked for his manager’s contact, and was put on hold for about 10-15 mins. Oh so you need that much time to get your “manager” on the line. And “the manager” can’t do nuts about it. Kept asking us to upgrade.

I then asked for his next level manager. He doesn’t know who!?
Can you believe this? A manager level employee doesn’t know who his superior is?

The Idiotic company sure hires a lot of Idiots. Was getting really mad so an ultimatum given to him –

“I give you 5 mins – come back with a name for me!” and yes, he did gave me a name within 5 mins.

Donkeys…!

As a customer, I am not happy being made to pay more just because you idiotic company change your policy. The contract I signed did not mention anything on usage suspension. Does that mean today if I sign a bank loan with interest rate of 5%; the next month you come back telling me – “Oh we had a policy change, rate is up to 10% now”. And I swallow this with a smile??

I am still waiting for another manager to call. Up till now – NADA.

Until this matter is solved; I will have no access to the Internet, except from the office. BOO!

I will have no access to external emails as these aren’t allowed at work.
I’ll have more posts soon, I hope.


Now I understand why so many hate Maxis.
I couldn’t agree more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment